What exactly does the Extension do? How does it protect me?
IPBurgerVPN Extension for Chrome turns your browser into a Protected Browser, where you can use your business account without ever worrying about leaks, being caught, or linked. The browser becomes a Safe Zone for your online activity. It minimizes the risks of accidentally revealing your original identity.
The Extension takes manifold protective measures.
- Protect IP Address- Use IPBurger’s IP Address instead, even hides your IPv6.
- Protect DNS - Your DNS requests go over IPBurger’s network, protecting your DNS.
- Kill Switch- Blocks internet when the connection drops.
- Auto-Connect- Stay connected from the moment you started browsing.
- Protect WebRTC- Disables WebRTC and prevents any leaks.
- Spoof Timezone - Automatically matches your browser’s time zone with the location of the assigned IP Address, hiding your original one.
- Spoof Language - Automatically matches your browser’s language headers with the country of assigned IP Addresses, hiding your original one.
- Spoof GPS- Automatically matches your browser’s GPS Coordinates with the country of assigned IP Addresses, hiding your original one.
Can I set up multiple accounts with their own IP addresses, using the Extension?
Yes, very easily, and as many as you want. Follow the guide to set up multiple accounts on Chrome with the Extension.
How to “Turn Off” the Extension?
To turn off the extension, just click on the Extension icon located at the top right corner and hit Turn Off, and confirm.
For IPBurger Proxy Manager - Chrome Extension
Click on the Extension icon located at the top right corner and go to Settings.
On the TurnOff profile, toggle the switch button to turn off:
Click OK on the pop-up window:
IPBurgerVPN Browser Extension or VPN Software, which is best for you?
IPBurgerVPN Extension for browser is best for...
Easily protect and use multiple business accounts. The Extension provides advanced protective features needed for business accounts.
If your goal is general web browsing, unblocking content/websites, then the Extension is enough.
Browser Extension connects almost instantly, and it stays connected over WiFi/Internet disruptions and sleep cycles of your computer. A VPN Software generally takes 30 seconds to connect and hardly struggles to maintain a stable connection.
✔Built in Kill-Switch & Auto-Connect
Stay connected from the moment you start browsing. In rare cases when the connection drops off, its built-in Kill-Switch will not let you access the internet. Currently, our VPN software does not provide a built-in Kill-Switch.
✔Advanced Leak Protection
The Extension automatically spoofs GPS, language, and time zone for you. It matches them exactly with the Protective IP Address that you are assigned from IPBurger. A VPN Software can not do that.
✔Easy Setup & Usage
The Extension just requires the browser. Even multiple accounts do not require any extra software or user accounts on the computer. It takes about 5 minutes to set up and start using.
VPN Software/Protocols are best for...
If your goal is to protect against unsecured WiFis or Snooping ISPs, then VPN software is the way to go. Your VPN is encrypted with strong 256bit keys.
If you want more flexibility, configurability, and control, VPN software provides you with a very customized experience. VPN software allows you to protect any software/browser on the device.
✔Wider OS Support
If you use Windows XP, Vista, or macOS before 10.9, or Routers, then a VPN connection is the way to go. Browser Extension requires the latest Firefox or Chrome and works only on newer operating systems.
✔Route All Traffic
Routes and protects all traffic of your device, not just the browser.
The Extension V/ VPN, how are they technically different?
The Extension for browsers
- Uses Browser Web Extension APIs for Proxying your traffic and tweaking the browser
- Uses SOCKS5/HTTPS Proxy Protocol to connect to IPBurgerVPN servers
- SOCKS5/HTTPS allows DNS requests to be resolved by the proxy, thus protecting you from DNS Leaks.
- Know more about different proxy protocols.
- Does not require external software, such as Kill-Switch
- Supports as many connections as required via Browser Profiles
- Uses Operating System routing to proxy ALL traffic on your computer
- VPN Protocols we support: OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, SoftEther
- Requires External Kill-Switch
- Only one connection per device. You can connect to only one VPN Server/IP address at a time
Can websites detect that I am using IPBurgerVPN Extension?
Websites cannot detect which extensions are installed or not. Especially on Firefox, it is much harder to do so than Chrome, and it is only possible if the Extension allows that to happen, which we don’t. More detailed answers can be found on this post at StackOverflow.
Is any additional protection required, against the likes of Java and Flash?
In the recent versions of Firefox and Chrome, Java and Flash have been disabled by default. Moreover, the business account websites our customers usually deal with do not seem to employ any fingerprinting techniques using Java or Flash. The Extension includes protections that are sufficient for operating business accounts, so you don’t need to worry about Java or Flash.
For any queries, feel free to reach out to our Support, we are happy to help!